Warneke has been a proud member of the Paperboard Packaging Council (PPC) since it was first started in 1933 (Originally Folding Paper Box Association of America).
PPC is the leading industry association serving suppliers and converters of all forms of paperboard packaging. PPC works to grow, promote, and protect the paperboard packaging industry while providing its members with resources and tools to compete effectively and successfully in the marketplace.
The Paperboard Packaging Recyclable logo was created to generate awareness about the recyclability of paperboard. Any company that packages a product in paperboard can legally state that their packaging is “recyclable,” regardless of whether it is composed of virgin or recycled paper.
The more visible the logo is on a package, the more that the growing base of eco-conscious consumers will purchase the product BECAUSE it is packaged in materials that can be recycled. It serves as a reminder to consumers to “do the right thing” by properly recycling the package.
Why using the Paperboard Packaging Recyclable logo will increase sales and help save the environment…
– 73% of consumers say they want brand owners to provide more environmental information on their packaging.
– 81% of consumers cite that the most influential aspect in their decision to buy a product is the environmental info.
– Packaging claims having to do with recycling are noticed more often than other claims and have the most impact on buying behavior.
– Surveys suggest that consumers are growing more eco-conscious and prefer buying from eco-conscious companies.
– Not only does this recycling logo make clear that the paperboard package IS recyclable, but use of the logo is also free to any company creating and using virgin or recycled paperboard packaging.
CLICK ON THE ICONS TO